Nikon Wednesday 2017: #47

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by Matt Laur, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Shun, looks like you found some good weather at Staten Island.
    Last Saturday found these swans at Staten Island. They stay far away from humans, so this has been cropped considerably. Tundra swans at Staten Island.jpg

2. Only the F-stop might not be as indicated since the camera thought it had a 2.8 lens, not an F2 lens but your exposure seems fine. There are several versions of many older Nikkors, so the camera cannot know exactly which, say non-CPU 50/1.4 Nikkor, you have. Thus it cannot compensate for distorsion and other things. The camera needs to know what the lens's largest F-stop is and wants to know its focal length so it can display the right aperture value and for Auto ISO et cetera to work properly.

Only case I would think of is, if AF fine tune is available for the non-CPU lenses, that is if you can save a back or front focus setting for when the camera should light up the focus confirmation light when using a non-CPU lens. i have not tested that to see if AF fine tune can be made to work that way of AF fine tune is only available for AF-lenses. However, since you used live view you saw what was in focus and what was not.

John Di Leo likes this.
  3. Day late and a dollar short. As always. We went to Bryce for Thanksgiving. Nikon D750, 24-85.
    ThanksgivingBryce-13.jpg

4. Also a day late, been traveling very light with no Nikon at all (!) and returned to uninspiring winter weather. But I'll be back. pink smile.jpg

DawsonPointers likes this.
  5. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Moderator

B Nelson, as you know, weather in the Central Valley changes quickly. I was there last Saturday. It was very foggy in the morning nut cleared up by noon. We saw the swans also, from afar and didn’t take pictures of them.

6. Matthew: I realise this may be the point, but... what is that?

7. I can't quite remember where it came from but it's a gate post with some forgotten provision for a lock.

8. Ah! Thanks, that was going to bug me. :)

9. Great Kiva at Chaco Canyon, NM
    Chaco.jpg
    Nikkormat EL, Nikkor 20mm f/4 non-AI​