Nikon Wednesday 2017: #40

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

While I wasn't there to shoot close-up little abstractions, I can't be climbing over an expensive piece of commercial equipment and simply ignore little pieces of engineering eye-candy like this lovely bit of hardware. Got any odds and ends of texture or bits of just plain interesting objects that you might share with us this fine Nikon Wednesday? Let's see some photos, no matter what they're of.tire_groover.thumb.jpg.98f321a1cd8fe459370ab5f00dcc0f64.jpg

• Like 2

I've got more holiday snaps to share, but people here kindly advised me to shoot locally more, so I'll try to follow Matt's texture theme with some, er, autumn primaries.

Colourful leaves are easy. The hard bit in the UK is getting some blue sky and sunlight. (Tweaked quite heavily in post, sorry for the eyes of anyone viewing this on a saturated display...)

DSC_9105_DxO.thumb.jpg.cdd0b58b123208c1ff26c8da299d3ccb.jpg

• Like 1

Maria Sotskova won the Ladies competition in Finlandia Trophy last weekend; here she is in her short program. D5, 200/2 II at f/2, 1/1600s, ISO 1600.

[ATTACH=full]1213739[/ATTACH]

Angela Wang.

[ATTACH=full]1213740[/ATTACH]

Carolina Kostner.

[ATTACH=full]1213741[/ATTACH]

Great collection of pics

Thanks, Brian. I had a really nice seat (2nd row of seats close to the center of the long side) which helps a lot with this type of photography. Some photographers prefer a higher vantage point because then the background is just ice but I like the shorter distances from ice level and the possibility of including some spectators in the background in some shots.

Thanks, Brian. I had a really nice seat (2nd row of seats close to the center of the long side) which helps a lot with this type of photography. Some photographers prefer a higher vantage point because then the background is just ice but I like the shorter distances from ice level and the possibility of including some spectators in the background in some shots.

Oh yes, eye level works much better, especially if there's any hang time going on. Right place and right time, but great shots!