Nikon Wednesday 2016: #42

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three images per week, so share some work!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>A good Nikon Wednesday, everyone. Did a little time traveling this past week, and drove past the property on which my late grandfather built his house eighty-plus years ago. On almost every outing into the surrounding countryside, he'd bring back a sapling of some sort, to build up a wind break around that Michigan home. I was pleased to find the place still standing, though it's now someone else's abode. But there in the front yard was a descendant of one of the birches he introduced to the property. It's not his place any more, but they still feel like his trees. Share some photos!</p><div>00eBjT-565957584.jpg.27211181597ee90de302b94a8e540d5f.jpg</div>

<p>The problem with my "show you my holiday snaps" strategy (other than that you're probably sick of them and I haven't run out yet) is that I can't show you autumn colours - not that I've had many clear days around here. I'll try to queue some up. Meanwhile, here's the Grand Canyon seen from a helicopter (from the South Rim, flying north), with the colours tweaked a little towards the autumnal, to fit in. The weather there wasn't all that hot either - to the extent that our supposed longer tour out East got curtailed. (Just as well, we were late.)</p><div>00eBoH-565970084.jpg.bf322b2741102aee3928529eac408e77.jpg</div>