Nikon Wednesday 2016: #39

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three images per week, so share some work!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hello Nikon people - a good Wednesday to you all. A bit of recreational shooting on my part, this past weekend. We enjoyed a visit to farm in rural Virginia, and met a number of creatures. Some were hoof stock, and some were canine and live to protect the hoof stock. Below is Cecil, an aging Anatolian Shepherd, having a big stretch after a long day of keeping the coyotes and black bears out of the goat and sheep pasture. I make pretty much that same face when I stretch these days. What's everyone been shooting? Share!</p><div>00e9lo-565579884.jpg.8bdc487e0ec4938006eb2debbe1a3efb.jpg</div>

<p>These photos of the Armored Combat League were taken at the Medieval Festival at Fort Tyron Park in NYC. They had the usual cast of cosplay characters, jousting, falconry etc. The tournament had teams from North American cities where contestants fight in real armor and chainmail (about 70 lbs) using real steel weapons in a mixed martial arts style fight. This was like watching Brave Heart or Game of Thrones.</p><div>00e9nA-565584084.JPG.0bca04a9623998d70b99c225e985bf3a.JPG</div>

<p>Appropriately, we've reached the first Wednesday of my holiday around US geography. Yosemite is incredibly pretty in sunlight, and I have many photos that, for someone who lives in the outskirts of London, are quite nice. However, they're mostly the same as the millions of other photos of Yosemite that are already out there, so I'll prioritise "slightly unusual" over "oh, that's another pretty picture of some rock". There was still a toss-up here, but Tunnel View in infrared looks almost exactly like Tunnel View in snow - which others have done better and with more shrivelled privates than I did. So have a river (probably the Merced) instead.</p><div>00e9nG-565585584.jpg.9ab3b1acf7fe7e2c803ea92a4e866a6e.jpg</div>

<p>And finally, a different way to be weird. Just to show I used the fish-eye that I failed to take into Monterey Bay for something. It's difficult to keep this level (as you'll see) when you're balancing the camera on your head. That's Half Dome at the bottom. I messed with the projection a bit in Photoshop so the landscape isn't all a thin belt around the edge (as much).</p><div>00e9nL-565585784.jpg.02755cdcd0f773622573ca6b8e45d1a7.jpg</div>