Nikon Wednesday 2016: #25

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three images per week, so share some work!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hello everyone and a good first Nikon Wednesday of official summer (north of the equator, anyway). Around here, the corn is growing quickly, and looks well on its way to being "knee high by the 4th of July," a good sign for a healthy crop. While I was waiting for the sun to go down before sending a drone up for some "strawberry moon" moonrise shots last night, I had a chance to wander around in some corn to hunt for any interesting critters. But, I had an ultrawide lens mounted - so this little blue fellow was good to sit so still just inches away. A nice summer evening, not counting the mosquitoes. Been out in the summer heat? Share some photos!</p><div>00e0r2-563845584.jpg.0681deb99a94d2bfb42c4102b2399698.jpg</div>

<p>Last week I was privileged to video an informal recital by international concert organist Brink Bush. Brink was in the UK from Massachusetts to visit friends, but took time out to play the organ in Coventry Cathedral.</p>

<p>As you can see by his smile, he was very pleased with the sound it made.</p>

<p>D7200 + 18-140mm zoom-Nikkor @ 18mm - 1600 ISO.</p><div>00e0tA-563852184.jpg.a6a7a9c766c378932210279b83d98b67.jpg</div>

<p>One of the last flying B17's was in town past weekend. The Experimental Aircraft Association was giving tours and taking people up for rides to help raise funds for the associations work keeping the planes in repair and flying. I was able to wait under the flight path and get a few photos as they came in for landings. Wanted the images sharp as I was shooting handheld at 300mm so was using a fairly fast shutter, perhaps too fast as some blur of the props might have looked better.</p><div>00e0tj-563853384.jpg.61ce09f99c26da859f7ceae8a4711bfc.jpg</div>