Nikon Wednesday 2015: #19

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three images per week, so share some work!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hi Nikon folks. Hope everyone's enjoying their May. We were lucky, here in our area, to be able to wander into a river-side park along the Potomac a dozen miles upstream from a unique downtown event. Passionate organizers planned long and hard to arrange for dozens of vintage WWII aircraft to do a fly-by just over the DC mall in honor of the 70th anniversary of VE Day. I'm not sorry we stayed up-county, as the gathering formations lined up right along the river and we got to enjoy it with a small clutch of other people. There were some very knowledgeable folks there to see the spectacle, including the dad you see below, giving a play-by-play as his indulgent daughter scanned the treeline for the next wave. B-17s, B-24s, P-51 Mustangs, the only remaining flight-capable B29, Curtiss P-40s, and more. It was a treat. I shot some not-very-stable hand-held video, which sounds better than it looks!<br /><br />Had anything fly by this past week? Share some photos!</p><div>00dHr5-556743684.jpg.123fde50e17d25b0e48406e75626fd22.jpg</div>

<p>I wasn't able to get closer or increase the focal length for a better shot of this pair of Sandhill Cranes resting yesterday, while on their migration. But here they are, wondering what I'm up to.</p><div>00dHsh-556746484.jpg.eadbb5b112f65674f6294c683177332d.jpg</div>

<p>It's freezing and rainy again today, but we had a couple of days of something like spring, and an insect flew by so I chased it. I borrowed my wife's D7100 and used the 85/2.8 on that. This is a crop as far as Capture NXD would allow, no sharpening. Not so bad.</p><div>00dHsy-556746984.jpg.54cd36524cadc47151c4cf0de35f5392.jpg</div>