Nikon Wednesday 2012: #48

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Our forum moderators are still allowing up to three images per week, so take advantage if you've got a story to tell!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>A Happy Nikon Wednesday to everyone. I'm still going through the post work on last weekend's puppy portrait session. We shot it all on location in the breeder's living room, so it was mobile studio time. Here's one of the 6-week-old GSPs being pretty stoic about the whole thing. They didn't mind the lighting hardware at all.<br /><br />The breeder sends a portrait home with each of her carefully chosen new owners, and it's been interesting to try different approaches to these shots over the years. I'll use this thread's 3-image allowance this week to include a couple of behind-the-scenes images from the evening's work. Got any how-it-was-done shots? Share!</p><div>00b4Uy-506175584.jpg.ca8bbdfe975a24174243e483c543a5f1.jpg</div>

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>While my long-suffering wife wrestles with a puppy - with an audience of several more, in an ex-pen on the floor - I took a moment to step back, mount an ultra-wide lens, and record a set shot. It reminds me later how I had the lighting rigged up, just in case.</p><div>00b4Uz-506175684.jpg.f000a452aa08e0e3a0907e0fc7df5470.jpg</div>

<p>Recently toured the Virginia State Capitol here in Richmond, this place has a long and interesting history and a novel approach to expansion by building new facilities underground to avoid adding new 'clutter' to this historic site. This shot with a D80 and nikon 18-70 then processed using Capture NX2 which i'm starting to really like.</p><div>00b4WX-506189584.jpg.98a322db89f42bab6b8e3eae579228fd.jpg</div>

<p>Good morning to all. Great shots already. Wow, it would be difficult choosing one of those beautiful German Shorthair pups. <br>

There are a few law offices in the small town of Ashland, Ohio where I live and while walking in town the other day I noticed this bronze bust of George Washington looking out of a second story window at one of the offices. I took the first photo from across the street. I walked across the street and stood just beneath the same window and took the second shot showing the reflection of the tree branches and wires from the utility poles making the bust look quite "ghostly" I thought. </p>