Nikon Wednesday 2012: #46

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Our forum moderators are still allowing up to three images per week, so show 'em if you got 'em!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hi Nikonistas, and a good Wednesday to everyone. I was reminded, over the last week, about one of the central jobs of our fancy cameras: keeping track of life along the way.<br /><br /> Modern veterinary care is great, so we're not too much worse for the wear - but our 11-year GSP got ambushed by a pit bull mix while we were out walking the other morning, and it was pretty ugly. If it had gone a bit differently, we might not still have the old gentleman with us.<br /><br /> So my recent shots of him suddenly have a renewed urgency for us, and photography re-inserts itself, front and center, as an aid to memory and sentiment. So, just a reminder to put 'em to work for the simple (important) stuff a bit more often.<br /><br /> Hope you've had your Nikon gear out for a bit of family time. Share a photo!</p><div>00b1kE-503943584.jpg.8da889d650d4e168faadf5c85ae7e2b1.jpg</div>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Wednesday greetings! Matt, those handsome profiles of your pups look great. Distressing to hear of the bad encounter with the bad pit bull. I do hope your guy is okay, and mending well. Chris, those are all very cool hero posters, with terrific lighting. Mr. Depp is going to want you to reshoot <strong><em>his!</em></strong><em> </em>I'm chipping in a Wood Duck, that's as much about the water as the bird. Cheers!</p><div>00b1kS-503947584.jpg.da12f82fb65cff690a3c030183da11ed.jpg</div>

<p>Greetings from the depths of northern Ontario.<br>

Three more shots from the Royal Winter Fair which was held in Toronto Nov 2-11. All shots were taken with a D80 and 35mm f/1.8 lens.<br>

#1 Part of the grains competition includes sheaves. These take an enormous amount of time and skill to make. The heads of grain are selected individually from the field and dried in a way that they hold their position without the heads snapping off. </p><div>00b1l2-503961584.jpg.021e00b28689795b737a4756c03ee407.jpg</div>

<p>Matt I hope your old boy heals well. Too bad about the attack. I know, my old boy Ricky was attacked by an Akita one day at the park and it was pretty ugly too.<br /> Give the old guy a pat on the head from me.<br /> This is Lexie laying on her favorite lounging gliding rocker saying, "And you wake me up to tell me what?"</p>

<br /> This hawk flew right over my head last week while I was outside the house I'm working on. The house is right next to a creek and mangrove forest. He landed pretty close to me. I asked him to sit still while I went to my truck and got my camera. He stayed around long enough for 100 shots. He was kinda cold so he was puffed up sitting in the sun. Made my day.Nikon D3X, Nikon 300 2.8, F/5.6, 1/320 sec, ISO 400

<div>00b1m2-503985584.jpg.f98c5c88d48fc2dcdfbb1e9a8ab84d6f.jpg</div>