Nikon Wednesday 2012: #43

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Our forum moderators are still allowing up to three images per week, so show 'em if you got 'em!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>A good Nikon Wednesday to everyone. I'm still digging through the post work from a recent day shooting at the Washington DC fire department's training academy. The grounds offer a couple of re-burnable buildings that fill with smoke, debris, and volunteer victims. Here, five members of the US Army Band enjoy a bit of early morning sunshine while waiting for some mass casuality simulation coaching from one of the incident commanders. Musicians or not, soldiers can sleep anywhere, anytime. What snoozed in front of your Nikon gear this past week? Share a photo!</p><div>00axKF-500665584.jpg.bc70b2e6a8277e0d1ba2c1da6a7cba38.jpg</div>

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Wednesday greetings! Matt, there's an intriguing surreality to that scene, as though looking down on miniature characters in some sort of tableau. Rich Johnson: breathtaking pristine beauty! I've been out in our gorgeous New England fall, as I'm an unabashed sucker for "stained glass" backlit foliage! I'm posting <strong><em>"Katsura, Luminous"</em></strong>, a nicely side-lit late afternoon scene in a surprisingly well designed and landscaped cemetery, that looks like an Olmstead park.</p><div>00axKV-500667684.jpg.28754f24b28bed1965e7ee066339ace4.jpg</div>

<p>The past two weeks, Linnanmäki Amusement Parkin Helsinki had the "Carnival of Light" with free entrance to the public, with lights, theatre, circus performances, music, dance, and finally fireworks. However, it was raining most of the time ... Here are a few pics of the performers of Sirkus Aikamoinen when the weather was still decent.</p><div>00axKg-500669684.jpg.ad9570fc82cf5289b7803f3bc87606e3.jpg</div>

<p>Greetings Nikonians wherever you are in the world! A good Wednesday to everyone. My picture this week was taken with the risk of limbs and life, more or less...You can’t see it from the picture, but the rocks were very slippery near the waterfall. Anyway, it all went well and I got some shots of the waterfall before the sun disappeared behind the mountains.</p><div>00axLy-500684084.jpg.f4e0c68f929ebc3570e6da83aef370e9.jpg</div>