Nikon Wednesday 2012: #11

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>: <a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hello, Nikonistas. Hope your March is going well. On an uncharacteristically balmy night, I spent some time watching the DC Metro system's new Silver Line marching its way ever so slowly out towards Dulles Airport. This giant yellow truss - one of four doing an ultra-slow-motion ballet from pillar to pillar through the Tysons Corner area - is the tool they use to lift and align the massive sections of track support as they go up. It's been quite a thing to watch. <br /><br />What you can't see here are the dozen guys in hardhats crawling around the inside of that apparatus, working the night through. Go, guys. Maybe just a <em>little</em> faster? Pointed your Nikon gear at any Great Works? Share a photo!</p><div>00a8cr-450073684.jpg.92af13a13d2401b46aea8e8b6c8f0c19.jpg</div>

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>NYC has had great weather and I had the luxury of having Monday off (school holiday because we haven't used a snow day). Decided to take a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge with my daughters and give them a history lesson (I teach history and love NYC history). This shot was taken as my daughters enjoyed the view of Manhattan. It was processed in Light room 3 and I unsaturated the photo.</p><div>00a8d1-450075684.jpg.936a7286f869cc189ac8d9cd9f0fa558.jpg</div>

<p>You can tell spring is almost here... photos from this and recent weeks are a lot more colorful! This is an Italian Greyhound pausing for a very brief moment from play time - he is extremely playful, graceful and fast!</p><div>00a8df-450093584.jpg.693bd603e5f3ef4c31e75b3d56dd072b.jpg</div>

<p>Good Wednesday, everybody! So many terrific photos already. <br>

These days I consider myself lucky if I have time to grab the camera and take several shots while walking my dog -- no other photography time, alas. I photographed this labrador retriever while walking my golden retriever on Sunday.</p><div>00a8dz-450097584.jpg.4517037584847acd9c1a1f31944822ae.jpg</div>

<p>Hey Jennifer,</p>

<p> That was a nice display at Smith. Very crowded but the photo ops were good. I was a little dissapointed in the orchid room, but the tulips were wonderfull. Here is mine from the same show.</p>

<p> Very nice capture you displayed this week.</p><div>00a8e3-450099684.jpg.26b71a377cd44111cd24451df5f6bb07.jpg</div>