Nikon Wednesday 2011: #36

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a rel="nofollow" href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km">right here</a></strong>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Nikon Wednesday, everyone. For those of us here in the US, it was a long weekend - so surely those extra 24 hours of pure photography-only time (right?) will make this week's collection even better than the usual terrific. For myself, I decided to slip back into my comfort zone, and spent the weekend photographing dogs in action. Here's a Springer Spaniel out after surrogate prey in the field. She'd just spent an hour swimming around in a creek, and wasn't even a <em>little </em>slowed down. I have no idea what her owners must have to do to get her worn out for some peace and quiet. Where did you point that Nikon gear this last week? Share a photo!</p><div>00ZILg-396197584.jpg.8996b5875b64f96ddf2bfa6bf2b90c94.jpg</div>

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Wednesday again!! Matt... a superb dog picture! What a start!

Bill... that's a beautiful painting like photograph! Wonderful!

Lorne... amazing detail of that owl and great moment!

This is one of the Patton Tanks captured from the Pakistan army during 1975 war. It was a present given to the State of West Bengal by the All Ranks of Eastern Command. Since this tank has a historical importance, the state preserves this very well in a vast ground, which is a beautiful spot in Kolkata.<div>00ZILn-396199784.jpg.9359bc77022d8cc8874651375e49388e.jpg</div>

<p>There are lots of dog lovers on this forum (myself included) so when my son visited this past weekend and brought his black Labrador, I grabbed the camera. Her name is Bailey and she is HIGH ENERGY :-) Managed to catch her in the backyard, but I'm not sure how at 1/30 of a second (evening light). An instant later, she was off and running.</p><div>00ZIN3-396219584.jpg.5295259f56a779ebb3d03cd7ccd01c7a.jpg</div>

<p>Even though it started to rain everybody just kept dancing at this salsa crash course. "Roulotte" stage at the Musikfestwochen in Winterthur.</p>

<p>Nikon D700 at ISO 320, 70-200/2.8 VR, 1/2s @ f/5.6 hand-held, RAW processed in Adobe Lightroom 3.</p><div>00ZINg-396235584.jpg.17bf2c270060f0afbe2e00226970d8f0.jpg</div>