Nikon Wednesday 2011: #35

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a rel="nofollow" href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km">right here</a></strong>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>A good Nikon Wednesday to everyone, and a nod to the emergency response teams who are working to help people along the torn-up Atlantic coast and in those badly flooded-out valleys in New England.<br /><br />Watching some coverage of rescue efforts in towns completely cut off by washed-away roads and high rivers, I thought about my recent visit with the crew of local Ladder Truck #2.<br /><br />Perhaps you've used your Nikon gear to note some serious weather and to capture those who rise to it when it comes. Share a photo!</p><div>00ZGMK-394303584.jpg.74917532612cd4e34cbb4ebcaacb2087.jpg</div>

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>another Wednesday is upon us. I look forward to seeing all the great work. Hurricane Irene wreaked havoc on my shooting schedule so I am submitting one from my month long vacation in South Carolina. My girls had their first riding lesson and can't wait to do some more here in NYC. I was not too happy with the quality of the Tamron lense (purchased to be a walk around lense).</p><div>00ZGMR-394305784.jpg.95775e45fdd5b3080f98def1b57e0da1.jpg</div>

<p>The Miracle of Birth building at the Minnesota State Fair is very popular and has about 200 births of calves, lambs and piglets during the fair. Yesterday, these less than four hours old piglets were very hungry while one of their siblings was wandering around. The red heat lamp gave them some warmth.</p><div>00ZGMX-394306084.jpg.41b0f39888ca83c01a94cc9e00356ca3.jpg</div>

<p>Hello Everybody,<br>

there are 3 photos up so far and I had to say WOW already! Wonderful work!<br>

My photo for this week is from my recent photo shoot with a great painter, books illustrator and artist in general. I added few touches in photoshop.<br>

Have a lovely week and I look forward to your photos.<br>

Jana<br>

Nikon D700, 24-70mm f/2.8@ISO 200, f/5, 1/125s</p><div>00ZGMb-394306284.jpg.cacf650def3492eb0462b00524c81bde.jpg</div>