Nikon Wednesday 2011: #31

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a rel="nofollow" href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km">right here</a></strong>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>A good first Wednesday of August to you, Nikonia. And a special welcome to the several new contributors we've seen in the last few weeks. It's always great to see our weekly world tour reach into some new directions and different experiences. <br /><br />Speaking of seeing the world ... no exotic excursion, here. Just a pleasant Sunday morning prowling around the Baltimore harbor area, with a stop in Fells Point for a great breakfast. This view catches a couple lingering in the shade between two harbor-side buildings, escaping just for a moment from a very hot sun. Yes, I was playing tourist. Where'd you take your Nikon gear last week? Share a photo! </p><div>00Z8Hi-385773584.jpg.31bfce969fc0bf384ce7dd8ff5cc5722.jpg</div>

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Hello Everybody,<br>

thank you very much for the kind comments on my photo last week. <br>

This week my photography club had a special theme, Pastels. I've asked my make up artist Rachel to pose for me, as she has the most beautiful auburn hair, that pairs up very well with pastels. I used a lot of marshmallows for this shoot and also asked Rachel to create an eye make up resembling the swirly pattern in the sweets. Here is the result.<br>

Have a lovely week and I look forward to your submissions.<br>

Jana <br>

Nikon D700 24-70mm f/2.8@ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/125s</p><div>00Z8Hm-385777584.jpg.300689c0a615a2367661dfeab27769cd.jpg</div>

<p>I took this photo of a hummingbird moth while weeding in my garden. Yes, I have my camera and macro around my neck while I weed~ doesn't everyone? My husband thinks I am strange and hold no large expectations of actual weeding being done by me while out in the gardens, lol. Thanks for the kind words on my last weeks entry. Have a great Wednesday.</p><div>00Z8Hq-385779584.jpg.076dd0110b38c0f57b2a9ecb220f1646.jpg</div>

<p>In honor of the new Smurf movie, my contribution this week is of a blue tree I came across while walking through a nursery in Washington. There was no one around to ask, and it wasn't on prominent display or for sale, so I can only assume it's real. Never seen one of these before.</p><div>00Z8Jw-385829584.jpg.280f2ff0c6f7dd818c6a90b9dd280f39.jpg</div>