Nikon ViewNX 1.2 up on the Nikon site

mjt

Some of the interesting highlights of the new feature set:

# Sharpness, Contrast, Highlight Protection, and Shadow Protection adjustment functions have been added to the

Quick Adjustment palette.

# Fine Adjustment, and Tint adjustment functions have been added to the White Balance section of the Quick

Adjustment palette.

# When Use Gray Point is selected for adjusting white balance from the Quick Adjustment palette, the size of the

point can now be selected from 3 pixel sizes.

# In Full Screen display mode, file order / total file number is now displayed in the bottom bar.

# In Full Screen and Image Viewer modes, the zoom ratio is now shown.

# Two separate image rotation icons, Rotate 90° CW and Rotate 90° CCW, are now available in the toolbar. A Rotate

180° has also been added to the context menu*.

# Full screen slideshows of all images can now be displayed when no images or just one image is selected in the

Thumbnail area.

# When a window is displayed on the secondary monitor in a multiple-screen environment, the display profile can

now be changed to that of the secondary display profile.

Just go to your country's (or regional) Nikon website and head straight to the DownloadCenter or ProductSupport area.

Search by Software>NXview and sort by reverse chronological order.

I am pasting the link from NikonUSA but if you are out of the USA, it may be slow for you. You use your own local Nikon website.

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=61&p_created=1029180813

I've been using Nikon View NX 1.1.1 for a while and was looking forward to an update. After I updated to View NX 1.2.0 I noticed right away that the rendering of either a tiff or jpeg image in the image viewer would not complete unless I toggled to 50% or 100%, etc then back. I tried uninstalling/installing twice and spent a half an hour on the phone with Nikon. We couldn't figuire out why it wouldn't completly render. NEF images were fine, only tiffs and jpegs were affected. My solution was to uninstall 1.2.0 and reinstall 1.1.1. Once I did that everything was fine and all image formats (jpeg, tiff, NEF) would render completly. Not sure what the problem was but I'm staying with version 1.1.1 until Nikon fixes 1.2.0. or updates again. Would be curious to know if anyone else has seen this phenomium with the latest upate.