Nikon View NX Version 1.2.0 Issue

vivid light photography

I've been using Nikon View NX 1.1.1 for a while and was looking forward to an update. After I updated to View NX

1.2.0 I noticed right away that the rendering of either a tiff or jpeg image in the image viewer would not complete

unless I toggled to 50% or 100%, etc then back. I tried uninstalling/installing twice and spent a half an hour on the

phone with Nikon. We couldn't figuire out why it wouldn't completly render. NEF images were fine, only tiffs and jpegs

were affected. My solution was to uninstall 1.2.0 and reinstall 1.1.1. Once I did that everything was fine and all image

formats (jpeg, tiff, NEF) would render completly. Not sure what the problem was but I'm staying with version 1.1.1

until Nikon fixes 1.2.0. or updates again. Would be curious to know if anyone else has seen this phenomium with the

latest upate.

Not exactly the same, but having deleted a lots of .nef files some of the images showed up in different directories instead of the images that should be in those directories, it seems, but opening the ‘deleted’ image reviled the image that I expected to see, in that way that it was only the thumbnail that showed the deleted image, and as if that shouldn’t be enough if I enlarged the thumbnail to about 90% of the possible size the right picture came up.

Looking in the same directories through NX2 or CS3 Bridge showed the right images.

I then emptied the wastebasket and the problem disappeared!

I did (did I hope) had problems with NX2 saving edited ,nef files. It came up with an error “access to file denied” and it was necessary to try saving the file once or often twice to before it worked.

I use Nikon transfer, Nikon view and NX as my workflow and after the latest update I have only seen the problems with Nikon view

I know this wasn’t helpful but others might have had similar problems so together we might get Nikon to do something about them. I am sure they read this.

I use Windows Vista and a D700.

Jens, I have had the same problem you mentioned in your first paragraph, and I have experienced it with every version of View NX! (Thumbnails from a previous folder show up in the wrong folder after I switch from folder to folder.The underlying image is correct, but you cannot see it. ) I have no idea what causes it. I do not know whay you mean by the wastebacket. The only way I can eliminate the problem is to either exit out of NX and they reload it or restart my pc. I have a windows pc with XP pro with 4 GB RAM. Joe Smith

Joseph, I do not know the right name for the place windows place deleted files before it can be deleted permanently, but it is only when I delete the files permanently the tumbnail issue disappears.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...