Nikon USA Lens-Only Rebate, December 2018

ShunCheung

Pretty much as expected, shortly after the November lens-only rebate expired, there is a new set of rebates:

November rebates: Nikon USA Lens-Only Rebate, November 2018

Last time it was the 24-70mm/f2.8 G AF-S, without VR. This time the 24-70mm/f2.8 E AF-S VR (82mm filter) has a $200 rebate. More interestingly, the current 70-200mm/f2.8 E FL AF-S VR has a $300 rebate from $2800 down to $2500. And the 16-35mm/f4 AF-S VR is $100 off from $1100 down to $1000.

Moreover, the AF-P DX 70-300mm/f4.5-6.3G lens is discounted from $350 to $150, a wopping $200 off to about 40% of the original price. Since this is a fairly new lens, I suppose it is not selling very well, and there is also another version with VR that is just slightly more expensive.

More details about the rebate here:

Nikon Lens Sale | DSLR Interchangeable Lenses on Sale for the Holidays

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this rebate ends around December 29, but for those who would like to take advantage these discounts, you have already had two weeks to consider them.

Personally, I am going to curtail my F-mount lens purchase and see how the Z system evolves. I don't particularly like using an adapter although my FTZ has been doing a pretty good job so far. I am sure I'll continue to use Nikon DSLRs for a few more years, but in the longer run, I may prefer the Z mount rather than F.