Nikon USA $200 off for D500 (Body Only) and More

ShunCheung

<p>Even though the holiday shopping season hasn't started yet, Nikon USA has a few new rebates:</p>

<ul>

<li>D500 Body $200 off -> just below $1800</li>

<li>D500 + 16-80mm DX kit: $670 off -> $2400. Previously there has been $500 off the kit since July</li>

<li>D810 Body $500 off -> $2500</li>

<li>D810 + 24-120mm/f4 kit $900 off -> $3200</li>

<li>D750 Body $200 off -> $1800</li>

<li>D750 + 24-120mm/f4 kit $800 off -> $2300</li>

</ul>

<p>The D810 and D750 prices are quite low now. Of course they are over two year old. If anything, I thought Nikon would have updated the D810 by Photokina earlier so that they reset to a higher price point, with newer AF, 4K video, and XQD memory cards.</p>

<p>This current offer ends in two days on October 29. However, I would imagine that additional deals will be available in the coming months through the holiday season.</p>

<p>I seriously doubt that Nikon has any concerns about Pentax at all; Pentax has a tiny market share. Nikon's main competition among DSLRs is Canon and on the mirrorless front Sony and Olympus micro 4/3.</p>

<p>The fact of the matter is that both the D810 and D750 are "old" models. We all know that there is now a newer AF module in the Multip-CAM 20000, and the CF card slot inside the D810 is old technology. Nikon needs to clear those old stock and prepare for new models in 2017, which will be Nikon's centennial year (Nikon was founded in July 1917).</p>

<p>I recall that in December 2015, Canon had discounted the 7D Mark II to as low as $1100 or so. I have never used the 7D II, but according to DPReview's editorial comments, the D500 is clearly a superior camera, but still, I don't see the D500 can be $700 more. The D500 kit seems to be a good deal, but IMO body only may have room for further discounts.</p>

<p>I would really like to replace my two D300s bodies with D500 bodies, but even at $1795 each, $3600 is out of my reach. I know, I once said the D300s will be the only camera I will ever need, but some of the venues the LA Lawyers Phil now plays are darker than the D300s can handle. I bought those as referbs for $1250 each.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>but some of the venues the LA Lawyers Phil now plays are darker than the D300s can handle</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I would go FX to get better high-ISO results. The D300S is quite out of date by now. And you can always upgrade just one body for the time being. Personally, in almost 40 years shooting Nikon, while I have owned a lot of different bodies, I have never own two samples of the same camera model. The closest I have for two almost identical bodies are the FE and FE2 as well as the D7100 and D7200.</p>