Nikon transfer problem

pcg856

<p>I been using nikon transfer to upload my photos to my pc for a over ayear now without a problem.About 6 months ago I switched to mac and have used nikon transfer without a problem until today When trying to upload a i got a message saying<br>

Transfer failed because you do not have access privileges.<br>

Has anyone else run in to this problem,I don't this is a mac access problem since the message appears with the nikon transfer logo in message box.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>I'd check the permissions of the folder where you are trying to copy stuff. As OS X is a certified unix, you need rwx permissions in ./original-folder/ to create a new folder inside there. Maybe someone or somewhat changed the permissions there. I suppose this is easy to check/fix in finder, and it is easy to do in a terminal.</p>

<p>If it's not that, check that you have enough space in the hard drive. Else... I'm lost, as I've never used a mac.</p>

<p>Go to the Utilities folder in the Applications folder and launch Disk Utility. In that window, click the hard drive in the left side bar, then click the Repair Disk Permissions button. Also, if you have other accounts on that Mac, make sure you are not trying to save to a folder in another account.</p>