Nikon to Canon lens adapter recommendations?

steve_larese1

<p>Novoflex is indeed the best, followed by Fotodiox, and then by most of the others.</p>

<p>I needed just one adapter to mount my non-G Nikkors on my EOS bodies, so I opted for the Novoflex without aperture control. I found it new from an eBay seller in Singapore (primesingapore) for less than 2/3 of what I would have paid for it locally.</p>

<p>If I were going to use adapted Nikkors regularly on my EOS bodies, I would have gotten a cheaper adapter for each lens, and just left the adapters mounted.</p>

<p>I've never had any problem (except for a confirmation chip, but that is <a href="00Jb4x">another story</a>) with any of them. I buy whatever I can find --- they are so inexpensive that I tend to get one for each lens, so I don't have to swap them except when I go back and forth between using the Nikons or the Canons. So far, I have never shot with both at the same time, so it's not a problem.</p>

<p>The main advantage of a few (not all) of the more expensive Nikon>EOS adapters is how well they handle the little 'lever' to release the pin. They all work, although some are handier than others if you had only one adapter.</p>

<p>I recommend that you use Canon EOS lenses with Canon DSLR Cameras. I occasionally adapt Leica-R lenses to my Canon EOS bodies but always without auto focus, and with stop down metering. It is generally a kluge that I compare to using a wheelbarrow with the wheel off the ground. You can carry the load but there are a lot easier ways to get it there. Good luck, JMNHO!</p>

<p>The little Fotodiox release catch for removing the adapter from the lens is clunky, but the other-than-Pro Fotodiox adapter is so cheap, you can put one on each Nikkor you want to adapt. I see no need for a chip, as I use hyperfocal settings with wide-angles. So why would anyone want to use Nikkors on EOS? How about the 24 f 2.8 AIS, or the 28 f 2.8 AIS (as distortion-free as wides get)? Some inconvenience with focusing is, for me, a trade-off for having to shell out $1,500 for an L 24, or finding your wide-angle sweet spot in one of the huge L zooms. I am not a pro, so I can take the time to play with focus. Actually Steve didn't say what Nikkors he's planning on using.</p>

<p>Hey, I regularly use a PC-Nikkor 35mm on my 5D (which I bought to use this lens on). I also use my Nikkor-S 55mm f/1.2, Reflex-Nikkor 500mm f/8, and my Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 (all non AI lenses).<br /> Sure, I also have a full complement of EF lenses, but sometimes there are good reasons to use Nikon, Zeiss, etc.</p>

<p>Frankly, my initial investment in Canon EOS was done because of Bob Atkins's posts on using Nikon and other 'foreign' lenses on them.</p>

<p>The only catch is that some wide angle lenses will go too far back into the mirror chamber to clear on 35mm-sensor Canons. They work fine on the APS-C bodies. See http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/</p>

<blockquote>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=1841065">JDM von Weinberg</a><br>

I've never had any problem (except for a confirmation chip, but that is <a rel="nofollow" href="00Jb4x">another story</a>) </p>

</blockquote>

<p>JDM I think you need some grief counseling for that experience since you mention it so often. Obviously you were traumatized!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>since you mention it so often</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I wasn't "traumatized," but do feel a duty to warn people that a so-called "focus confirmation chip" is not only unnecessary, but can have really negative impact on an electronic camera. These glued-on chips are cheap copies of circuitry and are only a tiny shift in position away from a short circuit.</p>

<p>Even on as 'unsuitable' a viewfinder as a Canon EOS 20D, it is easy to focus with the eye if you only know how to focus -- an apparently lost art (there are sites that will give you instructions on manual focus). On the newer viewfinders, the claim that it is more difficult than it was in MF days is largely untrue - again, IF you know how to manually focus.</p>

<p>You're free to ignore the reference if it disturbs you somehow.</p>

<p>And, no, in general you will have to used adapted lenses in stop-down mode.</p>