Nikon shooters, ttl and pocket wizards

jim mucklin

<p>Equiptment: Nikon D2x, 3- sb-800, 3-pocket wizards. I would like to use a 800 on camera to take advantage of ttl. I would also like to mount a pocket wizard somewhere on the bracket so that I could have a room set up with my other 800 or studio lights, come into that room shut off the 800 on camera, turn on the pocket wizards an shoot the scene, without having to change setups. Is there anyone using this type of setup?<br />Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>You can also connect the PW to the PC terminal on the side of the SB-800. This terminal is connected in parallel with the center contact on the flash foot, and can be used to trigger the SB-800 or another flash. This arrangement has no advantage on the D2x, since the camera has a separate PC connector, but might prove useful in other circumstances (e.g., you don't need an hot shoe adapter for a remote SB-800).</p>

<p>If possible, use cables which have screw caps on the PC tip designed for the Nikon. It eliminates the chance that the PC cable will slip off the connector, which are rather short on Nikon equipment.</p>

The only advantage of using PC sync socket on the SB-800 body, over a PC sync socket on the camera, is when in certain modes, the on camera PC sync socket gets disabled, while the PC sync socket on the flash may stay enabled. Some of this behavior was reported for D300 camera, while worked OK on D200. Not sure if that was fixed in the firmware yet?