Nikon Service El Segundo Ca

hughes

I know this has been discussed before but I feel compelled to

compliment Nikon USA on their outstanding service.

My well used D70 which is way out of warranty suffered the BGLOD,

not only was it fixed free of charge but cleaned and checked and

adjusted and the firmware was updated, and delivered back to me by

UPS in 4 days beautifully packaged and best of all totally free.

We all gripe about poor service it is nice to recognize really good

service.

Steve

I think BGLOD is a special case. Since it is the result of some bad components (circuit board??) Nikon used, they took responsbility and fix it even though the camera may be out of warranty. Apparently BGLOD problem don't show up until the camera is about a year old.

I had the misfortunte to use Nikon repair at El Segundo twice last year. Both times they did an excellent job and turn around was like 10 days.

• 1 year later...

I feel the opposite. I left my camera at Nikon El Segundo to have the dead and hot pixels

fixed. After waiting forever, it arrived...WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING DONE TO IT!!!!!!!! My

service order paperwork had one request on it, to "fix dead pixels". And they did

NOTHING.

When I contacted them for an explantion, the minimum wage dumb ass on the phone

couldn't give me an answer, AND wouldn't give me another person to contact. Their IRON

CURTAIN of incompetence cannot be penetrated. I have no idea where to go from here.

Needless to say, I'm not dropping off my camera at that mental ward again.

This is the suggestion from a Nikon repesentative:

<P>

<I>

Really the best thing to do is have them call 800-Nikon-SV and talk to an agent and ask for a supervisor if necessary. We usually try to make things right then.

<P>

<P>

You can always call 631-547-4200 (Nikon HQ) and ask for a service manager. Whoever does call, please ask them to be patient-the people who will respond are human and have to field lots of internal and external calls. Having both an incident number and serial number will help.

</I>

Hello,

This is in response to Sam's charming post. I can assure you, Sam, that these technicians are not "minimum-wage dumb-asses" as you so eloquently described them. They most likely make more than you do - I have someone close to me who actually works there, so you can trust me on that one. These are college educated, degreed individuals, probably like yourself. Their specialty happens to be electronics, while others' specialties may be computers, refrigerators, automobiles, etc. I'm surprised a person as intelligent as yourself cannot fix his own camera! Patience and being polite - much like we expect to be treated ourselves - will get us far. People respond to us as we do to them. Sure we all have bad days and deal with extremely RUDE individuals - this is the human race after all. Humans can be very self-involved - it's all about "me". Try to be nice and patient to folks who will then try to help you. Good luck to you.

Hi Michelle, sometimes people get angry and make "heat of the moment" type posts. In fact, Sam actually made three very similar complaint posts within hours. Hopefully we can calm down after a day or two.

A lot of us have use Nikon repair services. For me, fortunately, my Nikon's are so reliable that I don't need to use them very often. I have used the El Seguendo service center a couple of times, and both times they fixed the problem within 2 weeks. There is actually a lot of positive feedback on Nikon repair, but they certainly have messed things up occasionally. All humans make mistakes.

If anybody has problems with Nikon USA repair, please follow the complaint procedure I mentioned in my above post. Complaining in this forum, especially over and over, is not very useful.

• 3 months later...

I no longer have any problems with my Nikon camera or Nikon Service in El Segundo. I

sold that piece of crap and bought a Canon. Problem solved. The morons in El

Segundo can't screw with me anymore.