Nikon PB-6 Focusing Bellows Unit User Manual

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by guts80, Apr 14, 2004.

1. @rodeo_joe|1
    duh, I just realized that you are using a FX/FF camera not a DX/crop camera.
    With the ES2 wouldn't I need to use a 35mm lens to get the full slide image with a DX camera?

I have to go play with my bellows and the 55 micro and see what I would need to do make it work.

2. Uh, uh. A bellows is no good for copying slides onto a DX camera. It won't 'squash' short enough for the focussing distance needed.

What's required is either a short extension tube or a macro lens that natively covers the 1.5:1 magnification ratio. You need a 13mm tube with the 55mm micro-Nikkor. A Nikon PK-13, M tube or any 3rd party tube of around 12 or 13mm length.

The important bit is being able to hold the slide steady and plane-parallel to the camera.

I can use that modified ES-E28 with a DX camera just as readily. I just need to add another extension tube to it to take the slide further from the front of the lens.

A gizmo with a telescoping tube would make the job even easier, and such things are available if you google 'em.

Last edited: May 8, 2019