Nikon N90/F90 Errors

aaron_chong

<p>Hi all.</p>

<p>Just purchased a second-hand Nikon N90/F90 in good condition. Film loading was fine, and I managed to snap a few frames before a problem came up.</p>

<p>In place of where the shutter speed and aperture values are shown (on the LCD screen), there is the flashing "err" word. However, the shutter can still be depressed and more frames taken by the camera. (Although I haven't developed the film yet, and wouldn't know how these images taken with the "err" message turn out). After taking a few frames with the camera flashing the "err" message, everything seems to be okay, and the camera displays the metered shutter/aperture values again.</p>

<p>The ISO icon doesn't flash, so I know that it shouldn't be a film speed related problem. It is only the "err" message that flashes.</p>

<p>Any advice?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Did you verify that the lens is set at min of F22?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>If not, this would cause an "FEE" err, not "ERR" would it not ?</p>

<p>You could try and clean the contacts on the lens and at the lens-mount on the camera, but if that does not help, your camera may need service, srry...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If not, this would cause an "FEE" err, not "ERR" would it not ?<br>

You could try and clean the contacts on the lens and at the lens-mount on the camera, but if that does not help, your camera may need service, srry...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yup, it's not a aperture related problem. Thanks! I will send it for servicing after this roll.</p>

• 8 years later...
<p>hmm, i'll look into changing the batteries then. if not, i'll look for another one i guess and try to get a refund on this one. thanks guys!</p>

Hey aaron, I know this thread is long dead but if you happen still there, did your F90 still having the Err problem or did you get a refund?