Nikon MH 25

cory_moore

<p>Hi everyone I'm pretty new to DSLR cameras and accessories. But I bought a Nikon D7000 about a 8 months ago while traveling around in SE Asia. The camera worked well for about 6 months and then suddenly I wasn't able to charge the battery. There was no signs that the battery was losing its ability to hold a charge. I thought it was odd but I bought an off market battery replacement on E-bay. Unfortunately the replacement wasn't able to hold a charge either. I thought the replacement was a dud so I then requested a replacement of the replacement which I just received today. I put it in to the MH 25 and the indicator light still want turn on. I'm not sure since these last 2 batteries are off market if the light is suppose to turn green but I assumed it would. Does anyone know what the likely problem is?</p>

<p> My own experience with off-brand batteries has been entirely satisfactory. Though some 3rd party En-EL15s don't hold the "number of shots" data when the camera is turned off. That's no big deal to me.</p>

<p>It sounds like the charger may be bad if you're not even getting a light on it. Have you checked the mains plug fuse on the charger lead? Check too that the figure-of-eight plug is firmly inserted into the charger.</p>

<p>Another thing to consider is whether you have the correct charger for your local mains voltage. If you bought the camera and charger in another country it might not be suitable for where you live now. For example the charger suppplied for the UK market is a model MH-25a, not plain MH-25.</p>

<p>Nikon's MH-25a charger is, for all practical purposes, identical to the original MH-25. They both charge EN-EL15 batteries for the D7000 series, V1, D600 series, D750, D800 series, and now D500. They are also dual range from 100V to 240V. I have used them in North and South America, Hong Kong (China), and New Zealand. The latter two countries use 200V+.</p>

<p>For whatever reason, Nikon replaced the front white lettering to dark, indented letters for a stealth look on the MH-25a. Somehow the MH-25a is also like 2mm longer. If you buy one of those Nikon cameras in 2015 or later, most likely you'll get an MH-25a instead.</p>

<p>One question the OP needs to eliminate is whether that MH-25 is now malfunctioning. That can be verified with another working MH-25 or MH-25a alike.</p><div>00dfpD-560114084.jpg.25b0b99c188060ddc60b1504b52300f0.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks for the extra info on the chargers Shun. I just realised that the charger supplied with my D800 was an MH-25, while the D7200 came with an MH-25a. So of course they're interchangeable. I just happened to pick up the 25a to check its voltage etc, and wondered if there might be different versions for different regions - apparently not. At least that rules out one thing for the OP to worry about.</p>