Nikon MD-4

radu_diaconu

Hi,

I recently acquired a Nikon MD-4, serial number 105689, and after

putting batteries inside, i checked the red lights and boht light up

perfectly.

But, once the motor drive is attached on the camera, the trigger

doesn't fire and I can't get any reading on the LCD.

If someone has more info on this, please let me know how to solve the

problem.

Also, is it normal that I can't get button number two to go up? The

one that is supposed to rewind the film.

Thanks.

Radu D.

Before someone has any hands-on experience with this issue, I'd suggest you read this informative site for details of MD-4 device in case that you were by chance not <a href="http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonf3ver2/motordrive/md4tech.htm"> there </a> before. As far as my practice on the MD-4, the number 2 button should be able to slide freely in any cases, sounds like yours is stuck.

Jay, thanks for the info, I already knew the site and it has definitely helped me before.

But, I've just realized that I'm missing the a gold contact pin: there are suppose to be seven, but I only have six.

The number two button is definitely stuck and cannot go up.

Thanks for the info, I guess I will have to return it to the seller.

Regards,

Radu D.

I don't have my MD-4 handy, but note that it's SUPPOSED to look like one pin is broken or missing. That's the way it was designed. I believe it's supposed to have six pins, but looks like it should have seven, but I can't verify that count without looking at my working MD-4. Are you saying that two pins appear to be broken or missing?

<p>

The rewind button should go up, but only after you slide the lock (just below the red battery check LEDs) to the left. The rewind button should remain locked down otherwise.

Only six pins and one that looks broken off flush with the MD-4 and this is one that has worked for me for 10 years...

Man I would not want to try to figure out how much film I have run threw this camera.

Also remember that you need to push the little button to unlock slide #1 to be able to push up slide #2

Richard, thank you so much.

First I'm relieved that it is supposed to have six pins.

Second, I played around with button number two and finally was able to get it unstuck and now it works fine.

Thank you, I feel better now.

P.S: that's a hell of a machine that i have now!

Cheers.

Radu D.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my MD-4 now. When I attach the motordrive to my F3, it does not meter and the trigger does not fire. The battery check on the MD-4 works out with both lights showing and the F3 shoots well on its own. Does anyone know where the problem lies? I'll be grateful for any tips.

Thanks in advance.

Des