Nikon Macro Nikkor Lens manuals

avishek_aiyar

Before everyone rushes out to spend $1500 each on those Macro Nikkors, maybe you'd like to read a couple of reviews of them.

Here and here

IMO a used 50 or 80mm Apo-Rodagon enlarging lens would be a better and cheaper option. You might even luck out, like I did, and pick up a mint Apo-Rodagon 50mm f/2.8 for £15 (about $20 US).

I suspect even a 63mm El-Nikkor might give equal results on a DSLR and bellows setup.

[ATTACH=full]1212399[/ATTACH]

Edwin,

Thanks so much!!

@rodeo_joe: I agree. I already have the 120mm Macro Nikkor and all I can say is it's a fantastic lens. Though I have not compared it with the Apo-Rodagon. I was looking for the manuals mainly because I wanted to get details of bellows extension and working distance. I have been struggling with the former with my PB4.

BTW they do occasionally come up for quite a bit less than $1500. One sold on eBay for under $600 a few months ago. Nevertheless, if you rush out to buy nearly anything, you'll pay a premium price. I spent over a year watching and waiting and spent < $600 for each lens.

I can attest to that as well. The key is patience.

I paid <$400 for my 120 Macro Nikkor about a year or so back. I am in the market for the 65, but am waiting for the right price. The most recent one I tracked went for <$600 with the original Nikon F adapter.