Nikon LS-8000 and Mounted Slides

<p>I'm trying to scan some mounted Kodachrome slides using a Nikon LS-8000 with the correct FH-835M mounted slide holder. I'm using the latest NikonScan 4 with Mac OSX.</p>

<p>The problem is I can only scan one slide at a time, even though the holder will accomodate five slides. I keep having to re-shuffle the slides in the holder as it will only preview and scan the first slide in the holder.</p>

<p>Any suggested solutions?</p>

<p>Read the manual!</p>

<p>If you use Nikonscan, you can preview all five slides, which will then be scanned in order. You can make adjustments to each slide in the preview, including registration, exposure and color. Alternate programs like Silverfast and Vuescan don't have access to the firmware to the same extent as Nikonscan, particularly for multi-frame previews.</p>

<p>That's with a PC anyway. Apple marches to the beat of their own drum.</p>

<p>With Nikonscan you will see the small square icons for the loaded slides. Select them using control or shift and then hit preview and they will all be preview scanned. You can go through and make the adjustments for each scan be clicking the icons and using the tools to set exposure, colour, scan detail, ICE etc.... You can actually do this as the scanner is previewing each slide so long as you do not catch up with the scanner. Once you have all the slides set up you can select them all again and hit scan. This will open up the batch scan process and you can set up the file and names you want to save them in. when you hit OK at the end of the second screen the scanner will scan them and save them all in the directory you have chosen. Names will be what ever you set such as 1people, 2people etc... You can them edit the names using microsoft. Essentially you have to be at the scanner for the preview and exposure setting but can go away and leave it once you start the batch scan. I find this is the big advantage of the 8000 (I actually have the 9000) over the 5000.</p>

<p>You can preview all of them by selecting their icons. Then, you can view each preview by clicking on each icon one at a time. Then, you can scan as many of them as you want by selecting all, or some, of the icons.</p>

<p>You can't see all the previews at once, just one at a time.</p>