Nikon Logo Vest

jimmy_jones2

<p>I'm backwards...I display Nikon logos where possible so people/clients know I'm using good stuff...When I bought a Quantaray Tripod, I painted over the white logo/lettering with Black so people wouldn't see my cheapness on accessories that aren't lenses or Speedlite!</p>

<p>Good point on the theft thing though...</p>

<p>>Wouldn't want a Nikon vest for the same reason I don't use a Nikon strap--makes it easier for the thiefs to decide who has equipment worth stealing<<br>

>I agree with Wayne - get one embroidered with "Holga"<</p>

<p>I can imagine the scene. A slightly overweight photographer sits sweating on a park bench in a large, metropolitan city. She is happily licking an ice cream cone (two scoops); her DSLR is cushioned on her Nikon vest sitting on the bench on her left. Two thieves are ready to make the snatch. The younger one, no more than seven, will set off a firecracker several yards to the right side of the bench to distract the photographer. On the left, an adolescent with a mustache barely visible on his upper lip, sidles closer to the left of the bench.</p>

<p>KABOOM! Ah, yes, the M-80 explodes with 2,916 milligrams of pyrotechnic firepower, shattering nerves if not windows. By the time the photographer involuntarily jerks her head to the right, the street urchin has safely made her way into a convenient alley. </p>

<p>And just as her companion is about to hook the strap of the camera, he recoils in disgust. Later at their rendezvous, he explains to his young partner why he's arrived empty handed.</p>

<p>"It was a fake-out. She had a Panasonic. Might as well have been a Pentax, Sony, Fuji or Canon. I'd rather go hungry than try to pawn junk like that off on anyone. My little friend, we may be thieves, but we do have standards worth upholding. Remember, always: Nikon!"</p>

<p>OK, I admit it - I'm with Wayne, too - I don't flaunt my Nikon gear. Myy vest features a "FujiFilm" logo, because no one young enough to be a thief even knows what film ever was.</p>