Nikon lens on a Canon EOS ?

gregory_c

<p>Lots of them. I advise staying away from the focus-confirmation chips. Both unnecessary and even potentially dangerous to the health of your camera.</p>

<p>Look on eBay for "Nikon to EOS adapter" or such.</p>

<p>I've really not found much difference among them, except some newer ones with a release lever will not mount on all Nikon mount lenses. The cheaper ones are actually more universal. They are a little harder to take on and off, but are cheap enough to buy one and just leave it on the lens if you're not also using it on a Nikon body.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>So long as the lens has an aperture ring it will work fine - lenses without aperture rings (e.g. Nikon G series) are a problem. I understand that there are EOS adaptors available that will allow you to set the aperture on a Nikon G lens but I have not personally used one. I do not know if all the Tamrons have aperture rings.</p>

<p>If you have a full-frame sensor EOS, some of the Nikkor wides are well worth your while. The Nikkor 28mm f 2.8 AIS or the 28 f2 AI or AIS are excellent 28's. Barrel distortion is minimal (possibly non-existent on the AIS f 2.8). Quite predictably, the edges and corners are sharp at mid apertures. Nikkor's 24mm f 2.8 AIS is fairly highly regarded, also. Check out <a href="http://www.16-9.net/">www.16-9.net</a> for some opinions of manual lenses. $250 - $300 plus the adapter and you're in business.<br>

I agree w vonW on chipped adapters. You have to be careful about who makes that chip. I use the Leitax adapters with the Dandelion chip, but programming the chip for your EOS is a cumbersome process. With the 28 or 24, consider a non-chipped adapter and hyperfocal settings, and don't drive yourself nuts trying to focus a wideangle.</p>