Nikon FM-what is this problem?

<p>Just to follow up to my post of a few days ago. I took the FM to Essex Camera Repair in Carlstadt, NJ and was told the problem is "shutter bounce". Apparently, when the shutter closes the curtain is bouncing open very briefly, exposing a small portion of the film a second time. They will fix this and give me a CLA for $107.00 and I will have the camera back in a week. <br>

These guys are good and recommend them highly.</p>

<div>00Tdc8-143559584.jpg.ac209a907d8ee640df40b34a25b679a8.jpg</div>

<p>Given that the image is upside down on the neg in the camera, wouldn't you expect the issue to be at the top of the film gate, and doesn't the FM shutter open from the top to the bottom, so that the shutter bounce would affect the bottom of the neg which would be the top in the picture? Please someone explain this. </p>

<p>I just picked up three items from Essex yesterday. A few years ago I had a similr problem with a Canon F-1. The F-1 has a horizontal shutter so my problem was on the side of the image. The shutter brake needed repair. Based on the serial number, I believe the camera I had repairrd was from 1971. The shutter worked for many years before malfunctioning. </p>

• 2 weeks later...