nikon fe mirror sticking

christopher_archer

<p>The mirror on my Nikon FE sticks, but only when I'm shooting the first frame after not using the camera for awhile. If I haven't used the camera for longer than a half hour the mirror will stick for about 10 seconds. If I've just used it, it doesn't stick at all. The foam was just replaced. Any suggestions?</p>

<p>My FE, which I have had since new in 1981, started doing this after about 12 years. Turns out had to replace the shutter block-at least that is what the repair place said. Then had it happen again about 10 years later. Do some searches on "FE shutter failure" or some such thing-it is not uncommon for the FE and the issue was resolved, I believe, when they came out with the splendid FE2.</p>

• 5 years later...

Hi! I have same problem with my FE2, Did you resolve it? Can you give any advise? Where was a problem?

When I'm shooting the first frame after not using the camera for awhile mirror is stucked to up position about 30-45 sec, M250 and B does not works. after that, next shooting is OK. Mirror foam good, and thin is OK.

Sorry for necroposting...

Edited by pavel_finashov