Nikon F5 Custom

alvin_lim5

Hi,

I seem to have a little problem with my Nikon F5. When at custom A, even after the custom function has been

reset, the custom sign and the computer logo still remains. Everything seems to be working well at custom B.

Also, I seem to have a problem with the viewfinder. The LCD seems to fade towards the (-) the analog exposure

display.

Really appreciate any advice.Thanks!

When you reset, did you hold the BKT and CSM buttons down for a few seconds or go through each setting and

manually do it? If you did it manually there's a good chance of missing something.

I just got out my F5 and the Custom logo went away for both the A & B banks after holding BKT and CSM buttons.

I'm not sure what you mean about a computer logo - the DX remains under ISO if it's set to read the DX coding on

the film, though.

As for the LCD, it is certainly possible that it is fading. If it's driving you nuts, it's most likely less

expensive to replace it with a used DP-30 from KEH or eBay than get it fixed.

Hi Eric,

I have tried holding the BKT and CSM buttoms, but it does not seem to work. The computer logo is the the logo that is supposed to be out when you sync the F5 to the computer.

Thanks for the advice on the LCD; it is not really driving me nuts yet because I usually use the aperture priority, so guess that helps.

Hi Eric,

Nope, I do not have the software, but I got the camera used, so I am not surprised if the previous owner had it. Thankfully, the icon does not seem to affect the camera. What I gather from the manual is that the data is full. So I guess I should be thankful for that.

Thanks!

I've done some searching, both today and in the past, for information about Nikon's Photo Secretary software and

there's very little to be found. I have the Magic Lantern book on the F5 and it lists the extra Custom Functions

but that's about it. Granted, it was 1990s software but the F5 was made until late 2004 or so and you'd think

there would be more information out there about the program.