nikon f4

jon benson

I hate those photo copies that you can download. The pictures are so dark you can't see anything in the photos. The ones were your supposed to see what the text is telling you to do.

If someone knows where you can download a manual that you CAN see the illustrations, let me know !

I have two different versions of the pdf F4S manuals. I agree the photos do not reproduce well. However, I have my F4S to look at, and with it and the printed data, I haven't been able to not solve any problems.

What in particular are you trying to find out?

Nothing in particular. I have always owned older Nikons, (an"F" with FTn finder, Nikkormat EL, Nikkormat), so the auto focus is new to me. Mine (f4s) will arrive in about a week and I just wanted to study the ins & outs of it. I am loaded with excitment because it looks like a total cool camera to use!!! It has some of the older standard dial type controls which I dig, yet looks like a sexy beast! I have a 35-105 Nikkor AF lens to slip on it. Any other good AF lens recomendations? I want to try and stick with the Nikkor glass from old school lens use, it rocks!

Thanks,

Jon

I find that the F4S is highly intuitive and easier to operate than my F5. I think that you should have little trouble with its operation.

See if you can find a copy of "Nikon F4 and F3" by Heiner Henninges, Hove-Fountain Books. ISBN: 0-86343-235-2. This is much better than the Nikon manual.

@Jon Benson

I wouldn't bother much with AF lenses on the F4. The F4 is a great MF body, but only adequate as an AF body. Stick with your Nikkors (Especially if they've been AI'd).