Nikon F36 Battery Pack problem

hughes

<p>i'm looking for some help here. I just bought a beautiful F36 motor with a battery pack, after putting batteries in it I can't seem to get them out, is this a common problem? is there a trick to it? the pack does not appear to have suffered any trauma but the batteries are stuck in there . Any ideas before I start getting physical?<br>

thanks Steve</p>

<p>I had the same problem with an F36 cordless battery pack when I loaded it with rechargeable batteries. I had to remove the six screws on the bottom and take off the bottom plate to get them out. Duracell alkaline batteries work fine, however. I measured the diameters of the alkalines and rechargeables with a dial caliper and found that, while neither type was perfectly round, the rechargeables (mine anyway) were a couple of hundredths of an inch larger on average. The battery pack holds the batteries in tubes of solid metal with no plastic or springs involved, and the tolerances are apparently pretty tight.</p>

<p>You didn't specify whether you have a Nikon Cordless pack, Powercon or even the wired unit. Not that it really matters. I've never had a problem with my Nikon unit or my Powercon with any batteries. It's funny, but I bought my FTN with the F36, Powercon and 50mm Nikkor f1.4 for $350 at a pawn shop in 1974. I hated the Powercon, so took it off immediately and put on the Nikon unit. I was tempted many times to toss the Powercon as it has been sitting in a drawer ever since. I changed my mind a few years back when one went for $500 bucks on ebay. I still have the setup.</p>

<p>http://www.cameraquest.com/nfremo.htm</p>

<p>thanks guys good help, I actually have the factory cordless battery pack. I have managed to remove the batteries without any damage and as Kent noted the problem batteries were rechargeables I tried again with Duracells no problem thanks a lot <br>

Steve</p>