Nikon F Eye Level VF Question

<p>The eye level viewfinder is very straight-forward to take apart. You have to peel off the top leatherette, and it reveals four screws. Take them off, and you'll see the prism. You'll see the screws and all of them are reasonably accessible. Some areas are covered in foam, but due to age, some of the foam may have degraded into a sticky gunk.<br>

I can't remember if the eyelens for the Photomics is the same as the eye level finder. Probably is. <br>

I often found a lot of range in price of eye level finders, due to condition. And remember that there were variants of the eyepiece housing, some round, some rectangular.</p>

<p>regards<br>

Vick</p>

<p>I had the same problem: rectangular eyepiece plain prism, the eyepiece optic delaminated.<br>

I called Authorized Photo Service - the Midwest USA Nikon service center in the past, now independent.<br>

They have new old stock replacement eyepiece optics. I had them clean out the prism and CLA the camera while I was at it. <br>

Everything came out beautifully.</p>

<p>This was done in the summer of 2012. I should add that what they found was that the eyepiece optic had delaminated some time ago, but somebody had tried to glue it back together with superglue.</p>

<p>Authorized Photo Service: http://nikoncamerarepair.com/<br>

Ask for John - he owns the place.</p>