Nikon deliver D4 in Europa - YouTube D4 "Unboxing" (Opening the Box) Video

paul_b.1

<p>If you try to look at the bottom of the box, you'll see it's turtles, all the way down.<br /><br />As for marketing, I think that Dropbox.com should sponsor a Meta Unboxing Video contest, just to see how many irony-laced abstractions can be stacked upon one piece of new electronics.<br /><br />I think the objective should be to make the unboxing video so long that the piece of gear is obsolete by the time you get to actually turn it on. Maybe it could be a feature-length film, called Unboxing Helena.</p>

<p>Ok, ok... don`t laugh. I bet in a few years this guy will have a place in any european Museum of Modern Art. His name will appear in specialized magazines, an there will be an authority pronouncing incomprehensible presentations about him.<br /> <br /> The latest "performance" I saw this way was an extremely long video about a drape over an open window in a windy day. Believe me, this unboxing video is way more creative...</p>

<p>Matt. I love this idea. I'm trying to figure out how to make the box-opening last a whole feature length project though. Maybe we could do something more interesting. Like a fight\chase scene where the bad guys are trying to get it, and along the way, under extreme circumstances this accessory then that accessory falls out and we zoom in on the accessory, freeze everything, go into black and white (while the accessory remains color of course) and "paint" the words of the accessory on the screen with some really cool rock music jamming out. At the very end, all that is left is the camera which our hero finally pulls out of the tattered and beaten up box and "shoots" the bad guys @ 11 FPS and saves the day :).</p>

<blockquote>

<p>...At the very end, all that is left is the camera which our hero finally pulls out of the tattered and beaten up box and "shoots" the bad guys @ 11 FPS and saves the day :).</p>

</blockquote>

<p>But here is the clincher at the end of the movie, the camera pulled out of the box, is the camera that was used to MAKE the movie..... </p>

<p>The end of the movie would be watching the start of the movie on the camera LCD, with the viewer left wondering how a movie about unboxing the camera was made before the camera was unboxed..... </p>

<p>Later,<br>

Dan</p>