Nikon D90, D7000, D7100, D600, D610 and D4s firmware updates

panayotis_papadopoulos

<p>Apparently, according to the website, Nikon in Europe no longer supports firmware updates for systems with Windows XP. This seems like a real failure to recognize that many users continue to use Windows XP in lieu of later versions of the software.</p>

<h2>System Requirements</h2>

<p><strong>Windows:</strong><br /> Microsoft Windows 8.1 (all editions)<br /> Microsoft Windows 7 (all editions)<br /> Microsoft Windows Vista (all editions)</p>

<p>Jim</p>

<p>I downloaded the Distortion Control Data Ver. L: 2.005 but notice that the file size, 29kB, is much less that the last version.Wonder if this is correct?!<br />NKLD01009.BIN - 59kB (last version)<br />NKLD02005.BIN - 29kB</p>

<p>Just as a information ... Distortion Control 2 update needs to be installed on Windows (don't know about Apple) and after uploaded to the camera it remain installed on Windows. I contacted Nikon to know if I could uninstall it, I was not sure if this installation installed some patch to Capture NX2, View NX2 or ND-X. The answer was:<br /><br />"You may safely uninstall this as it is for our cameras and does not effect any of our imaging software."</p>