Nikon D80 - back button focus

michal_urban2

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Ive got a question regarding focusing on my Nikon D80. </p>

<p>I decided to try that so-called back button focus, co first, I set in menu<br>

CUSTOM - AEL/AFL = AF-ON<br /><br />But the problem was the camera wasnt taking pictures unless focused (default behaviour which I like when using the half-press-shutter-to-focus settings, but it got annoying now). I didnt know how to disable it. I wanted the camera to take pictures even when its not properly focused.</p>

<p>Funny thing, I managed to set it somehow yesterday (it started working "my way" after setting FOCUS AREA = WRAP. But today I wanted to get back to the original behaviour and I couldnt (the camera was taking pictures even with cap on). So I made reset (with the green-dotted buttons on top of the camera) and now I can focus with half-press and shoot pictures only when the camera is focused. Original way. Fine.</p>

<p>But now, Im once again unable to set it to the back button focusing style = AF with AEL/AFL and take pictures even when not focused.</p>

<p>Please, where is this magic settings? My english is not that good so Im not able to search it on the net ... </p>

<p>So, in summary: WHERE, in Nikon D80, can I switch if the camera requires to be focused before taking pictures ... or not.<br /><br /><br /><br>

THANKS!!! :)</p>

<p>Does the D80 have af-C (continuous) and af-S (single) settings? If it does, then just set the camera to af-C. Then, with your "focusing thumb" operate the newly programmed af-ON button WHEN needed.<br>

Usually the af-S defaults to "get the focus before activate the shutter" -mode, while the af-C mode defaults to "trip the shutter even not focused". These default settings are generally programmable too.</p>