Nikon D7000 - The problem, the appearance of dark vertical lines across the image

jovan

<p>Hi All,<br /> Do any of you had experience with the problem of dark vertical lines that appear throughout the picture, especially in low light and hi contrast situations?<br /> My Nikon D7000 is just one month old and has firmware 1.02 and has no more than 2000 shots so far, and is 100% mechanically functional but while shooting pictures in JPG format it gets some artifacts on whole frame (it looks like old curtain with stripes) ...as you can see on attached 100% crop example.<br /><br /> Thanks in advance for helpful advices if you have them.<br /> p.s. Fortunately in RAW mode it does not yet appear :)</p><div>00ZMgI-400383884.jpg.ee473f26e3f8b0aaa6c577fb0f3be41b.jpg</div>

<p>Does it do this on all JPGs the camera creates, regardless of JPG size/resolution and compression/quality?<br /><br />Does this behavior persist through a reset of the camera body to factory refaults (the "two button" reset)?<br /><br />Do these lines appear in the LCD display on the camera?</p>

<p>Thanks All for responding, I try with reinstalling firmware 1.02 as Johnny proposed but with no effect.<br>

Matt, when camera start producing artifacts (losing it self) those lines appears on all JPG-s regardless of JPG size/resolution and compression quality regardless of picture control and ISO value. I try with reset and various user settings but camera function seams to have no affect on produced picture (with stripes). Yes you can easily see when your picture is affected on camera LCD display and even zoom in/out as it is all fine, although you have mess up picture with stripes easily recognizable by Morrie effect.<br>

Jarry, camera seams to work mechanically and over all fine all the time, but when Gremlins start controlling it those lines start appearing but just in JPG mode. I send official request to Nikon online support for furred instruction regarding solving that problem.<br>

Again thank all for responding :)</p>

• 1 year later...