Nikon D700 vs D3 = Color Saturation?

henrik_holben

I'm just curious! What exactly is it that makes the Color Saturation just so Superior on the D700 compared to the D3? What is it in the firmware, filter, or? on the D3 that "kills" the Color Saturation from the D700? What precisely is it that changes the D700 Color Saturation profile on the D3? Among many Professional Portraiture photographers, the D700 is known to have much more Rich, Vivid, Intense, Tones ,even Surreal Color Saturation profile. What is it on D3 than "tones down" this Color Saturation output?

I'm just curious! What exactly is it that makes the Color Saturation just so Superior on the D700 compared to the D3?

I have used both the D3 and D700 extensively, and I am not even sure that the D700 has superior color saturation. Electronically the D3 and D700 are pretty much identical as the D700 essentially took over everything from the D3, but the D3 has much better construction, a built-in grip, two CF card slots and a larger battery.

• Like 1

I have used both the D3 and D700 extensively, and I am not even sure that the D700 has superior color saturation. Electronically the D3 and D700 are pretty much identical as the D700 essentially took over everything from the D3, but the D3 has much better construction, a built-in grip, two CF card slots and a larger battery.

I'm referencing several excellent YouTube videos from Ken on this D700 vs D3 Color Saturation difference:

:)

Plus: Nikon D700 Review - Exposure o_O

Edited by henrik_holben