Nikon D700 Firmware 1.01

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by erik_christensen|3, Jun 6, 2009.

1. erik_christensen|3

erik_christensen|3 Self-employed

Which software do you use to open the downloaded software.
    I used to have a software to open RAR files, which has gone in connection with
    installation of XP.

2. You should have downloaded a self-extracting archive with a name like 'F-D700-V101W.exe' (Windows may hide the .exe extension, depending how you have it set up). Double-clicking the file should decompress it, creating a folder containing the update ('D7000101.bin').

3. erik_christensen|3

Richard - sorry the problem is the doble-clicking is not creating the folder with the update.
    I have just updated Windows XP a couple of days ago. Seems that I will have to contact the IT person in the company, as I have had such files previously without any problems.

4. I know of no update to XP that will create such an effect that you cannot run an exe file (at least not without a comment).
    The file you downloaded may be corrupt.
    This happens sometimes and you just try to download again.
    I bet this is your problem.

5. You might also try right clicking on the file and choose extract to and see if that works.

6. DOwnload from Nikon site will give yiou the latest software. Not sure how you purchased your D700, but it usually comes with 2 CD discs of software, one is the 60 days free use, and the other is your forever. Try them first.

7. erik_christensen|3

The XP was a re-installation, but I have an online updating.
    I have downloaded the file from NikonEurope several times, but not change, so obviously something wrong with my PC even that I have online update of antivirus/spyware.
    Frank, the 2 CDs which you get/got in US have never been delivered with any purchase here in Vietnam - we are lucky if we can convience the seller go give 12 months warranty.
    I will have my PC check Monday am, and I thank you for your responses.

8. I'd suggest trying a different web browser for the download. I've just tested Firefox on the Nikon Europe site and the download works as expected (archive self-extracts when run).

9. Open source 7-Zip will handle RAR and a bunch of other formats. But as previously mentioned, you shouldn't need any utilities to run a self-extracting archive.

10. erik_christensen|3

Thanks for all responses - I got WINrar and have updated the camera.
    Sorry for late response