Nikon D5000 setup info for sports shots?

steve_curry

<p>Hello to all... I'm new with using SLR's. I want to take some good photos of my daughter during there cheer pratice and competitions. Can anyone run over some basic info i will need to setup the camera for faster shots and recomend a good lens. the areas will be well lit on the floor but sittting in the seat will be low light at most places. Thanks</p>

<p>If you get low-noise images with ISO 3200....you might look at a AF 80-200mm f2.8D Nikkor lens (a few hundred $$$$s less than the AF-S 70-200mm f2.8G Nikkor lens) with <strong>a if</strong> your D5000 body does not require a AF-S type lens.</p>

<p>The AF 180mm f2.8D Nikkor lens is also good for shooting from the seats, but the zoom will give you the option of one cheerleader or a small group in action.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks Jerry I will look into that. Tim I just have the lens that came with the camera. Its a Nikkor 18-55mm F/3.5-F/5.6 so i'm looking for advice on a better lens with out spending $1000 on the lens Also if any advice on settings on the camera. Thanks</p>