Nikon D40x Battery Cover Removal for Battery Grip

chuck_bryan

To remove the battery cover, open it to about a 30degree to 4o degree angle (it is more closed than open) and then gently twist it - the side closest to the back of the camera (where it says Made in Thailand) comes out first.

DO NOT FORCE IT. You need a little bit of pressure to gently remove it out but if you do not have it at the correct angle you run the risk of breaking the cover.

I love the picture quality and features of the D40 but don't use it a lot because I find it too small for my hands. The grip will certainly help me. Where did you get if from and how much did you pay for it?

• 4 weeks later...
Elliot: I got the grip on ebay and paid about $58 including shipping. Search for user ID "etefore-usacs" no quotes and look for Phottix Built-in Battery Grip for Nikon D40 D40X. I have almost 600 shots without recharging it a second time. The battery cover came off very easy just like you said. Thanks again for your help.

• 4 months later...

just got to say thanks for the advice too, i really thought i would have to actually break the thing off if i couldn't find a better way!

thank you!

(also, apparently the removed battery door will fit into the grip sideways but i didn't try this. From memory there is actually a little pocket thing for it where the battery goes into the camera's body)