Nikon D300S compatible CompactFlash card

joe_nulph

<p>Hi,<br>

I recently ordered a Nikon D300S camera & being new to digital photography. I was wondering if the CompactFlash cards a friend gifted to me will be compatible for use with the soon to arrive Nikon D300S camera?<br>

The CompactFlash cards are, SanDisk Ultra II CompactFlash 15MB/s 8GB.<br>

Thank you.<br>

In peace,<br>

Joe</p>

<p>The 15MB/s card speed should be sufficiently fast to shoot the high definition 720 format video available in the D300S.</p>

<p>Unfortunately D300S uses old ineffecient AVI format for video that takes a lot more space than the newer formats, like AVCHD. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hello All,<br>

Thank you for the quick responces to my questions. Your responces were quite helpful & are very much appreciated..<br>

I am aware the D300S video capabilities are far less than what they could be or should be,. No worries there as i didn't purchhase the D300S for it's video option, if I do chose to use the video option I will definitly be using a tripod.<br>

As soon as the camera arrives which should be sometime today. I plan on spending a good bit of time reading the owners manual & getting familar with all the functions on this camera. I'm looking forward to using thie D300s camera at the always colorful Lenni Lenape Pow Wow in August.<br>

Since I already have two SanDisk flasdh cards I was curiouse if they were compatible with the D300S , I'm sure there are far better compact flash memory cards or other memory cards that will allow me to make full use of this cameras abilities.<br>

Once again THANK YOU!!!!!<br>

In peace,<br>

Joe</p>

<p>The Ultra II's will work fine. And it won't slow your shooting down until the buffer fills.</p>

<p>The biggest difference you'd likely notice is the time copying files from the card to your computer. It might take 15 or 20 minutes to copy a full card while the Extreme III's will copy in half the time.</p>

<p>SanDisk doesn't even make the Extreme III or Ultra II anymore. But I wouldn't hesitate to use either. It's a gift. It will work fine. Be gracious, say thank you, and email him a nice picture or something.</p>

<p> </p>