Nikon D3/s/x - Custom file-naming by default

tropdude

<p>Any way I can program the Nikon D3/s/x bodies to provide a file-name structure for every image I take as:<br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_[image sequnce number]</strong>.nef <br>

<strong>YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_[image sequnce number]</strong>.jpg </p>

<p>The YYYYMMDD and HHMMSS would be the timestamp of the image creation: date and time of the day.<br>

[image sequnce number] is the simple 4-digit (or whatever) consecutive number for each image.</p>

<p>Not in camera, no. But easy to do with Downloader Pro from Breeze Systems when downloading images to the computer. For example, I rename my files like this: 2013-06-02-D3B45442-D300. That's date - camera-identifier (edited in camera from the default DSC) - number of actuations - camera model. And it's all done automatically by reading from the EXIF data. Downloader Pro provies the option to add the timestamp too - it's very customizable.</p>

<p>I'm trusting that the software mentioned so far is free. If it's not, I'll check back on this thread, and I could give a command line that would do it. (Especially under Linux, but you can always install cygwin if you're on Windows.) But I'm sure a version with a GUI is more friendly.</p>