Nikon D2x

Kelvin, you have been extremely unfair to Nikon. It sure took Nikon a long time to introduce the D2X, but it has only been available for a little over a month and it is normal that initial demand far exceeds supply. In the long run, the demand for these high-end DSLR is somewhat limited and it wouldn't make any sense to ramp up the manufacturing capacity and then let it sit idle after only a couple of months.

Actually Nikon has done a very good job with the supply of the D2X. As Matt Blaze points out above; he only had to wait for two days. In the Nikon Forum, some people have already received their 2nd D2X. My local dealer expects that by next month (May 2005), the D2X won't be back ordered any more.

In comparison, Canon's 1Ds Mark 2 was supposed to be available since November of last year. Now some 5 months later, it is still back ordered at B&H as well as at my local store, whom told me that Canon can only ship them a few 1Ds Mark 2 at a time and that is why there is still back ordered.