Nikon D2x problems questions?

robert_bouknight1

Just fooling around with a D2x. This particular one is generating an Err a little too often, I think. When it happens, turning the power on/off or taking the battery out does not reset, but hitting the shutter button again does, with a sound from the shutter. I am thinking that the shutter is not fully cycling through reset, and the 2nd release push helps it?

Also, the AF actual focus seems to be a little behind the point of focus with several lenses I have tried. Am thinking that there is not a fix for this other than a camera service?

Thanks for any input on these issues on the otherwise nice low click (18K) daylight camera.

That battery may indeed just no longer produce the current necessary to fully cycle the shutter/mirror (or even properly drive AF). Any repair to that old beast is going to be money that you could put instead into something more recent, though used, and provide far better results. Even a D300 in good shape should cost a pittance these days.

Hi,

The error you encounter is exactly a bad shutter. I had this issu with my D2H, 2 times, and I ask Nikon to replace the shutter mecanism. It took 5 days and actually, my D2h who is 14 yrs old, has is third new shutter and I have 25,463 shots...

I also have a D2Xs in perfect working order, and I use it !!

Denis