Nikon D2X price in US?

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Digital Cameras' started by concert_images, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Having posted recently about the performance of the Nikon D2X I'm
    seriously considering buying!

I'm over in Las Vegas in August, so considering taking advantage of
    the ? / US$ exchange rate and purchasing over there.

Internet searches haven't been too fruitful as yet.

It seems to retail circa $5000. Anyone know of any reputable outlets
    selling it lower than that?

Thank you

Neil

2. Before you buy that underpriced D2X you might want to check the sellers ratings at http://www.resellerratings.com/

3. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

If you are just visiting the US, I would get it from a reliable source such as B&H. How long are you going to be in Las Vegas? You can order from B&H and have them ship it overnight or two days. However, if it is a hotel address and you are a first-time buyer, they might verify things more carefully, which could mean a delay of a day or two.

The D2X's price is dropping. People seem to be paying around $4600 or so. You can always call B&H; it is likely that they'll give you a break, and prices in August could be lower than they are now.

You can try contacting B&H beforehand and set things up, and then place the order when you are in the US.

4. B and H is a great store and they have an internet site. I bought a D2X for 4650.00 from
    Pitman Photo in Miami, Florida. Do not buy from dealers who break up the retail package like
    A&M and Broadway photo. Pick up an extra Nikon (not a clone as the voltage and milliamps
    may not be correct) battery while you are at it.
    Good Luck Shooting,
    Dale Keith