Nikon Coolscan Repair

<p>Hey everyone</p>

<p>I just got a broken coolscan 8000 off ebay. I have a couple of questions and really need help! First I repair gaming consoles on the side. 90% of the time it is a heat sink/capacitor/resistor issue. After opening the scanner this thing looks PERFECT. These capacitors are in great shape. the scanner looks like its been hit in some way. not major but just enough to bend the case. It seems like the case works as a ground. When I power the unit on it makes a hiss sound. Is this because the ground connection isn't strong enough? </p>

<p>The power button is a issue. when I remove the spring on the rod for the power botton it will turn on after a few trys. I haven't gotten past this because I would like to fix this step by step. Any advice would be great. </p>

<p>Well, it has a mechanical mechanism. The hit may have jammed the rails that the sensor moves along or done other damage. The hiss may be the sound of stepping motors trying to step. Make sure that all the mechanicals move more or less freely before you assume it's an electronic problem.</p>