Nikon 75-240mm f/4-5.6D

ramon_v__california_

has anybody used this lens? i have read mixed reviews. somebody is selling it to me for $70. maybe i can bargain for

$60. all my zoom lenses are a little heavy. i plan to ride by bicycle again in the trail. i used to bring a D50 with a

nikon 70-210mm AF-D before i stopped riding. i have gotten older so i want to ride light......or should i just get the 70-

300mm? thanks.

I use this lens , more than 10 years ago, on film camera. I was pleased by the results...nice bokeh, sharp enough, and very good color reproduction. The lens is slim and long (at 240mm with hood) The inner lens tube is marginally loose but this is not unusual for a lens which extends significantly during zooming.The lens does suffer from zoom creeping , The outer construction is made of good quality plastics and a plastic mount. I think it is really a bargain at $60-70...

I have the 70-300mm f4-5.6 ED AF-D, but haven't heard of the 75-240mm. I like the 70-300mm I have, it's sharp enough for general use when I need a strong zoom. Someday I'll buy the Nikon 180mm f2.8 ED telephoto to compliment my other manual focus Nikkors that go from 28mm to 105mm.